Your Representatives acted!
With your help, Rebuilding Alliance has organized over 150 meetings and conference calls with Senators and Representatives from around the country, to ask that they intervene to keep villages standing by making calls to the Israeli government and to the State Department on behalf of their constituents. This advocacy strategy has been extraordinarily effective in protecting Palestinian communities from IDF bulldozers.
Here are some examples of congressional intervention. If you would like to join a conference call with your Senator or Representative to learn more, please click here.
On Oct. 12, 2017, Rep. Anna Eshoo and 10 colleagues in the House sent a letter (drafted by the RA team) to Sec. of State Tillerson, urging him to protect Susiya and Khan al Ahmar.
Senator Feinstein wrote a public letter
to Benjamin Netanyahu in 2015
Congresswoman Anna Eshoo + 10 MORE
sent a letter to Secretary Kerry saying,
'I care about peace, I care about Susiya.'
In response to the July 15th announcement released by Rabbis for Human Rights describing the Israeli Army's announcement that the demolition of Susiya would take place immediately following the holiday of Eid al-Fitr, Representative Anna Eshoo and 10 other representatives urged Secretary of State John Kerry to take immediate diplomatic action to prevent the demolition from happening.
Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez sent her letter
to Secretary Kerry too!
On July 16th, the State Department came out with an official statement on Susiya:
Now, we ask your help to PRESS your Senators to Call the Israeli Embassy on your behalf.
Start by calling your senator:
when you make your call:
- Tell them "I care about peace, I care about Susiya." The United States should support the rights of Palestinian families to live and plan on the land they own. These villagers pose no security threat to Israel, they are threatened by illegal settlement expansion, and they have clear title to their land.
- Tell them This is an URGENT matter - demolitions can start at any moment.
- Ask them to make two phone calls on your behalf:
- Call the Israeli Embassy and express concern
- Call the State Department and ask for more information about Susiya.
Please call us at 650 325 4663 if you have any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org