your representatives acted!
With your help, Rebuilding Alliance championed over 50 meetings and conference calls with Senators and Representatives from around the country. While Susiya had been given notice they would be demolished at the end of Ramadan in 2015, they remain standing to this day.
Here are some examples of how congressional intervention. If you would like to join a conference call with your Senator or Representative to learn more, please click here.
Senator Feinstein wrote a public letter to benjamin netanyahu
congresswoman anna eshoo + 10 MORE
sent a letter to secretary kerry saying,
'i care about peace, i care about susiya.'
In response to the July 15th announcement released by Rabbis for Human Rights describing the Israeli Army's announcement that the demolition of Susiya would take place immediately following the holiday of Eid al-Fitr, Representative Anna Eshoo and 10 other representatives urged Secretary of State John Kerry to take immediate diplomatic action to prevent the demolition from happening.
congresswoman LORETTA SANCHEZ sent Her letter to secretary kerry TOO!
On July 16th, the State Department came out with an official statement on Susiya:
Now, we ask your help to PRESS Your Senators to Call the Israeli Embassy on your behalf.
Start by calling your senator:
when you make your call:
- Tell them "I care about peace, I care about Susiya." The United States should support the rights of Palestinian families to live and plan on the land they own. These villagers pose no security threat to Israel, they are threatened by illegal settlement expansion, and they have clear title to their land.
- Tell them This is an URGENT matter - demolitions can start at any moment.
- Ask them to make two phone calls on your behalf:
- Call the Israeli Embassy and express concern
- Call the State Department and ask for more information about Susiya.
Please call us at 650 325 4663 if you have any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org