Rebuilding Alliance Palestine Branch Manager (part time)
About the Organization
Rebuilding Alliance (RA), a non-governmental organization based in San Mateo, California, has been working with Palestinian non-governmental organizations in Area C of the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza since 2002. We helped Al Aqaba Village in the West Bank’s Area C, near Tubas, build their remarkable kindergarten, a building and program that helped Al Aqaba attract the investment of some 20 countries despite demolition orders against 97% of the village. Rebuilding Alliance recently completed construction of the first three affordable homes in Al Aqaba’s Rebuilding to Remain program, as well as designs for construction of a Rural Women’s Center.
RA’s work also includes direct aid and advocacy as noted here on GlobalGiving.org and our projects often come-in first or second in international Bonus Day competitions.
To move forward with our construction projects in Area C, Rebuilding Alliance must open a Palestine Branch office and is looking to hire a Branch Manager to:
-Register and manage our branch office:
-Assist in qualifying our revolving construction loan program for political risk insurance, and
-Raise donations from venture philanthropists throughout the region to create revolving construction loans for income-generating women's centers and affordable homes in Area C and, possibly, also for compressed-earth construction in Gaza.
The ideal candidate is a resident of Palestine with considerable experience in ground-breaking project development. Please note, as the registrant of Rebuilding Alliance’s branch office, you would be an authorized signatory on behalf of RA and would represent the branch in every aspect, being legally responsible for RA’s work in Palestine.
The Ideal Candidate Should have:
- Considerable experience in construction finance and/or nonprofit fundraising with strong interpersonal skills and comfort making donor contacts. If you are well connected to or willing to connect with international donors, this is a plus.
- Background in construction management, architecture, engineering or related professions is a plus.
- Candidate must have exceptional integrity as demonstrated by previous work and confirmed by references.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in successfully directing and inspiring others.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, in English and Arabic.
- Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, willing to learn multi-tasker who is very comfortable with “managing up.”
- Superb organizational skills, flexibility, and detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel monthly throughout the West Bank (and, if possible, Gaza as needed) and to work night or early morning hours three times a week to connect with the U.S. Team. Ability to travel internationally and arrange fund-raising meetings overseas, a plus.
- Applicant must be a resident of Palestine
- Ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines: “can do” attitude and solutions orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and social media.
This position is part-time, with the expectation that you will work from home, café, or shared office using your own lap-top computer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to contact(at)rebuildingalliance.org with “Palestine Branch Manager: name” in the subject title.
More info at: http://www.jobs.ps/job//rebuilding-alliance-palestine-branch-manager-part-time/tbd-with-access-to-ramallah/20544