Stay Human Conference Calls with Congress
Listen to Peacemakers in Palestine and Israel.
Discuss with Staffers. Build numbers. Urge action.
Congress responds when Constituents ask. When your Representative and Senators intervene at your request, they save Palestinian homes, schools, and lives. Join these calls, learn first-hand, press for intervention. To join the conversation, click "Register."
So far, our advocacy is working. Susiya is still standing, but demolition orders haven't been reversed, nor has Susiya's master plan been approved. To keep the pressure up, Rebuilding Alliance is contacting Senators in all 50 states to schedule conference calls with foreign policy staffers. We are asking each office to do two things: call the State Department and call the Israeli Embassy and tell them,
"I Care About Peace, I Care About Susiya - Don't demolish the village."
More About the Stay Human Conference Calls with Congress
Rebuilding Alliance organizes the Stay Human Conference Calls to bring members of Congress and constituents together to hear from Palestinian and Israeli peacemakers first-hand and find ways to help.
At this critical time, few are listening to the peacemakers. Stay Human Conference Calls amplify their voice, build coalitions in each US congressional district, and press our elected officials into action to keep children and families safe. Together, we share insight, information, and next steps. This is about heart, connection, and learning from Palestinian and Israeli peacemakers.
Success depends on you, the callers, to follow up within your communities to discuss these issues, contact your congressional representatives, sign petitions, and contribute to Rebuilding Alliance's campaigns.
Countability: mapping callers to congressional districts
Here's what really helps: direct requests by constituents who ask to keep a Palestinian town, kindergarten or home standing. This is a new way to inspire our elected leaders to act on our behalf to safeguard human rights. To start, we can put up to 1000 people on the line for each call.
How often does it happen?
Conference calls take place twice a month at 10 am Pacific/12 pm Central/1 pm Eastern/8 pm Jerusalem time.
- Ongoing: Contact Congress for Susiya -Join a call with your Senator's office
- Date TBD: Green Building Design in the West Bank and Gaza
- Date TBD: Can Political Risk Insurance Safeguard Area C?
- 07/22/15: Master Planning in Area C
- 07/08/15: I Care about Peace, I Care about Susiya
- 03/03/15: Assuring Umm al-Khair Villagers Their Right to Remain - follow up from Urgent Action
- 01/14/15: Umm al-Khayr Village Affirms Their Right to Remain
- 12/17/14: Stop the Forced Relocation of 46 Bedouin Communities
- 12/01/14: Help Gaza's Neediest Children with School
- 11/24/14: Open the Blockade with Compassion